About Meng’s Martial Arts and Mile High Karate of Centerville
Time and again, we are asked the question, “How do I choose a good martial arts school in my area? How do I separate the ones that are good and passionate like you from the ones that are just doing for the money and giving away belts easily?”
Here’s our answer:
To find a good martial arts school isn’t too difficult. The short list is this:
1) Visit the school in person for more information.
2) Ask for a trial membership if they don’t offer you one.
3) Ask questions of the staff, other students and parents, see/hear testimonials from current and previous students
4) Have an interview with instructor and ask about his/her mission, vision, values and goals.
5) Do you get a good “vibe” about the place – clean, friendly, open or dirty, mean and evasive?
6) Plan your budget – top line schools are around $200 a month or more with discounts for additional family members. Ask about any additional fees beyond tuition such as testing, tournament, seminar/workshop, or association fees. Some schools advertise a lower initial tuition but then “nickel-and-dime” with numerous additional fees.
The long list is over on Master Jeremy’s personal website (just click here to see it in a new browser window).
For your convenience and education, we’ve put together a short 5-day Martial Art Consumer Awareness Course, which teaches you five critical things to know about the martial arts before you enroll anywhere.
This short course includes 5 insider secrets of the martial arts to
- handle bullies without becoming one
- increase self-confidence and self-control that can lead to higher achievement
- how to recognize personal safety risks and avoid them before they become dangerous
- five “moves” to handle ANY situation (personally or professionally), and
- the most important questions you should ask any martial arts instructor before you sign anything!
This free course is sent directly to you in privacy and conveniently to your inbox. Just sign up here to get started!